#1171 von kkoobe1k9q
Sa 15. Nov 2014, 19:36
but the well-traveled veteran,cheap nfl jerseys china, Neither Ryan nor Idzik was available to comment on the suspension. Spend enough time around McCoy,making your own hockey jersey, `Man,cheap authentic mlb jerseys, to go improve. and coach Gus Bradley said Bortles was late on several slant-route throws. compared with 5. Minnesota.
These are the bloodiest days on the NFL calendar. which helps their cause. “Just-rolled-out-of-bed hair — but not too messy.m. coaches prefer the guy who dresses up in a suit and shows up an hour early so he can get to the film room Townsend is implying at least a tiny bit that Leinart was out late in a hot tub with a bunch of coeds which is (Not judging) That “quiet leadership” mentioned by the anonymous scout was likely interpreted as timidness or lack of fire at the NFL level And while Leinart was able to pull out a win despite his awful performance against Notre Dame — because Reggie Bush ran for 160 yards and three touchdowns before Leinart won the game with a two-minute drive — the ugly first 58 minutes against the no 9 Fighting Irish meant more than the final two Outside of a couple stray quotes from Gary Kubiak during Leinart’s time with the Texans about how his backup passer still had that It Factor Leinart simply lost the It Factor somewhere along the wayLeinart isn’t the only one to have the It Factor and lose it But how do you even get the It Factor to begin withHow Do You Get the It FactorThat’s easy: You get somebody to write or say that you have the It Factor which is easier than you might think There seem to be a few characteristics associated with It Factor membership:You’re a quarterback In print there are about 35 mentions of a quarterback having the It Factor for every instance of a player at another position possessing that rarest of essences Quarterbacks are often leaders on their teams but is it really more likely that somebody like than a young superstar like Rams pass-rusher Robert Quinn or a talented veteran stalwart like Browns left tackle Joe Thomas Why can’t a left guard or an outside linebacker have the It FactorAfter you get past the quarterbacks the distribution of It Factor attributions goes in strange directions I found stories on several kickers who were credited with having the It Factor including Swayze Waters an undrafted free agent at the time who now kicks in the CFL Centers like Olin Kreutz and picked up the plaudits “[Birk] just has that personality that brings people together” then–offensive coordinator Cam Cameron noted “That’s what you need in a center Centers have to have an ‘it’ factor that quarterbacks have to have” I would say this represents It Factor creep but somewhat surprisingly the only source I found suggesting that Joe Flacco had the It Factor was and well let’s not go thereYou’re early in your career The vast majority of It Factor articles are written about quarterbacks who are either toward the end of their college careers or just beginning to start regularly in the NFL That’s due to context College passers who make it to the professional level are almost invariably frequent winners thanks to the quality of their program and their own abilities And then when a young quarterback takes over as his team’s starter it’s almost always because his team and/or the quarterback in front of him was playing poorly and losing games Sometimes the quarterback actually plays better but in other cases the external factors that were leading to the poor record (injuries tough schedule issues on defense) fix themselves independently of the passing situation making it much easier to win football games (Cough — Tim Tebow — cough) In either case even if he doesn’t actually play any better onlookers can point to the quarterback’s win-loss record in college and an improved win-loss record over the previous starter and suggest that the It Factor is in play That’s how Christian Ponder The It Factor shows up at the inflection point where players coaches scouts and journalists don’t have enough to say about a player’s skills or traits but still have to talk about him anyway Once you get several seasons into a player’s pro career everybody has seen what a player can do and so few of them are winning 70 percent of the time that it’s hard to justify using the termOnce you have it only time can take it away from you There are probably 100 articles exclaiming that a given player has the It Factor for each one noting that a player doesn’t have it One example I found was former Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm Before the draft “I don’t know when Brohm walks into the room if the other players will respond to him personality-wise I want to like him more than I do but I don’t know if he has that ‘it’ factor” Then again his head coach Steve Kragthorpe suggested Brohm might be a pilot describing him as “a guy that when things are going wrong can be the fighter pilot that can pull it out of the tailspin right the ship” Did Wesley Snipes have the It Factor in Passenger 57It’s even rarer to have the It Factor and lose it but that’s what happened to Josh Freeman Through the end of 2010 Freeman had the It Factor His offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski found that you “” and that he’d seen it in Matt Ryan from “the way he carried himself and the way he presented himself in practice” By the end of his rookie season subsequent OC Greg Olson saw it in Freeman’s “commanding presence when he’s on the field and in the huddle” and when the Buccaneers went on a run fueled by close wins in 2010 head coach Raheem Morris hopped on the bandwagon too Bucs owner Joel Glazer then spent time during the lockout chiding the media for not believing in his long-term plan while noting that he saw the It Factor in his locker roomAlmost exactly one year later the Bucs were 4-12 Morris and Olson were fired and Freeman had As far as I can tell nobody has suggested he had the It Factor during his time with the Vikings last yearIf you don’t have the It Factor at first it’s almost impossible to grab it Almost nobody writes columns or gives anonymous quotes suggesting that a guy doesn’t have the It Factor until he’s been benched or laughed out of the league and is no longer in any role of prominence but there are rare exceptionsWhile AJ Hawk said that he thought Aaron Rodgers had the It Factor before Rodgers stepped into the starting lineup Green Bay’s win-loss record especially in close games didn’t match Rodgers’s production On October 24 2010 that led Mike Woods of the Green Bay Press-Gazette based on his 1-11 record in games decided by four points or fewer his lack of a signature drive and his poor performance in the fourth quarter and overtime The Packers of course beat the Vikings 28-24 that day went 6-3 the rest of the way and produced a dominating playoff run en route to the Super BowlThat’s not to pick on somebody for getting something wrong; every writer does () and I’m sure there were plenty in Green Bay who shared the same fears Woods did at the time But you can see how quickly the It Factor can come and go even if it’s not documented as suchDoes My Favorite Player Have ItGood news If your favorite player is an NFL quarterback chances are he has the It Factor Jerry Rice an It Factor guy in his own right “There are so many quarterbacks but they don’t have that it factor” Rice said in January 2012That’s not exactly accurate As it turns out 46 different NFL quarterbacks apparently have the It Factor Forty-sixWho has it According to observers just about everyone That doesn’t even include Tim Tebow who has entire columns and who apparently Or the non-quarterbacks like and the last of whom is depicted as having it in an article about his sex tapeTwenty-eight of 32 teams have a quarterback on their roster who has been the subject of an It Factor quote or story; only the Bengals Titans Cardinals and Rams lack such a passer When everybody has it though who really has itWhen the It Factor Goes WrongOh I have so many cautionary tales of It Factors gone wrong to share Since we’re already approximately 85000 words in I’ll keep it to a few Suffice it to say some of the strongest cases of It Factor around the NFL have met an ugly demiseVince Young You can understand why Vince Young got the It Factor reputation at the beginning of his pro career His run at Texas finished with a famous victory over Leinart and USC in the Rose Bowl which led to Rick Neuheisel noting that Young had the It Factor before the draft as recorded in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in 2006 Taking over a Titans team that had gone 9-26 since the beginning of the 2004 season Young rejuvenated Tennessee by going 8-5 as a starter including a 7-2 record in games decided by one touchdown or less He won Offensive Rookie of the Year Norm Chow who had become Young’s offensive coordinator thought Young had it “What you can’t evaluate is what’s inside of a guy the heart if you will” in an attempt to evaluate what was inside of Vince Young “Besides the physical skills it’s the will and the strength inside the ‘it’ factor that a quarterback either has or doesn’t have”The hit parade continued Mike Golic noted that Young had it in the same piece that had Boomer Esiason saying teams would need 12 or 13 men to stop Young and Brian Baldinger comparing Young to Magic Johnson The Los Angeles Times even threw out a hopeful comp that redshirt freshman Jake Locker could eventually have the same It Factor that Young only for teammate Lawrence Jackson to say that Locker was too young to have it (He should have met Tebow) Young took his team to the playoffs in 2007 despite throwing nearly twice as many interceptions as touchdowns and in 2008 Tennessee turned its starting job over to Kerry Collins Young’s It Factor was gone never to be written of or tossed out by an anonymous scout again Only would reference Young’s poise on the record after the fact and that was only to illustrate how Cam Newton had itTony Romo Everyone’s favorite Cowboys passer might have had the strongest case of the It Factor before Tebow arrived onto the scene The Fort Worth Star-Telegram speculated in an Andrew Sharp fever dream of a column that Romo had it after Romo had sat on the bench for two years without throwing a single NFL pass Before Romo’s first professional start nine months later against the Panthers Bill Parcells said Romo had “a personality [that exudes confidence]”Romo started his career by playing brilliantly in winning five of his first six starts a feat that turned Romo stories into a shooting gallery of projection Teammate Bradie James said Romo had and had “been the coolest dude around for a while” Sean Payton Romo’s former mentor in Dallas noted that Romo was “confident” and “takes coaching well” Even the most dissenting opinion from Jennifer Floyd Engel of the Star-Telegram noted that Romo while fretting over whether Romo was elite A Minnesota Star-Tribune profile detailing Romo’s It Factor from the viewpoint of opposing players noted that a sentiment To top it all off in The Record of Bergen County New Jersey contrasted Romo’s It Factor and specialness with what was missing from Eli Manning who lacked Romo’s “athleticism instincts and charisma” This really deserves your undivided attention:Born less than eight months apart Romo is years ahead of Manning in the unscientific rankings of quarterbacks who might someday win a ring Why Start with the It factor that impossible-to-define easy-to-see something that Romo wears around as easily as the star on his helmetThe smile telling you he knows something you don’t The swagger announcing that no season-crushing Parcells-retiring fumble of a field goal snap will ever diminish the blind game-day faith he has in himselfEli doesn’t have It whatever It isFour months later Eli and the Giants beat Romo and the Cowboys in Dallas before upsetting the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII And that was it People stopped writing articles suggesting that Romo had the It Factor virtually overnight If I wrote an article today suggesting that Romo had it I wouldn’t be able to check Twitter for a week The world turned and left Tony Romo hereA reporter actually Romo who often gives great answers to cliché-riddled questions didn’t bite “I don’t know what ‘it’ is” Romo said “I think you try to work hard try to get better each week I think I play the game with a little bit of passion I think that’s the way I play For some reason people like me” Oh if only I could go back in time and warn that Tony RomoMark Sanchez Sanchez was the It Factor’s perfect storm The Jets took Sanchez a quarterback with very limited experience at USC because of their faith that he had some semblance of an It Factor — an apparently popular sentiment that nearly led the Rams It didn’t take long for Sanchez to turn heads; teammate Marques Douglas noted Sanchez’s as part of his It Factor something Douglas believed to be “something that you’re born with”After Sanchez took the Jets to the AFC Championship Game as a rookie noting Sanchez’s punctuality at early-morning meetings The New York Post favorably compared Sanchez’s It Factor in 2010 to that of Eli’s with Steve Serby writing “We wanted more fire and fewer slumped shoulders from the young Manning but he stayed true to himself and won a Super Bowl and did it his way” as if that were a conscious choice Manning made By the end of the 2010 season Serby was saying that Sanchez had the It Factor “in spades” “If you come to New York and the bright lights make you squint you don’t belong here” Serby wrote By the time the Jets and Giants matched up in a crucial late-season tilt in December of 2011 Daily News writers could still wonder whether Sanchez lost that game in ignominious fashion going 30-of-59 for just 258 yards with two picks in a 29-14 loss that pushed the Jets out of the playoff hunt and set up the Giants for their second run to the Super Bowl in five years It was also the last time “Mark Sanchez” and “It Factor” showed up together in print Sanchez would follow that with the Butt Fumble become a national joke suffer a season-ending injury and eventually be released by the Jets before catching on with Philadelphia That innate character trait he once possessed Maybe it was MaybellineDoes It ExistSo after all that it might be weird to say I think the It Factor actually does exist I don’t know that I buy the stuff about guys having the right smile or good posture mattering and there’s nothing to quarterbacks knowing how to win but the underlying traits associated with it — leadership bravery charisma work ethic — all exist and they’re all meaningful It would be foolish to pretend those characteristics aren’t important even if they’re not necessarily the ultimate determining factor in whether a quarterback will achieve success So many NFL quarterbacks have the It Factor because it’s virtually impossible to make it to the NFL without having those traits instilled at some point and if so many passers have the It Factor it can’t be what determines success even if it existsWhat is pretty clear is that the people who are saying specific quarterbacks have the It Factor are not very good judges of who has it They fall over themselves talking about how a player has some innate measure of character when he’s winning and then never mention it not even for a moment when he’s going through the natural struggles that come with playing in the NFL They almost never look back and retroactively report that somebody didn’t actually have it and they’re often guilty of enormous confirmation bias in referring to somebody who clearly had it when nobody else saw it years agoThe problem is that we all want to believe that we can recognize the It Factor when we see it Plenty of teammates and coaches talk about how obvious it was just from looking in a player’s eyes Jim Harbaugh “that gleam in his eye” Gunther Cunningham was excited when he saw that Matthew Stafford had noting that he would even scout quarterbacks’ pictures to judge their eyes as a defensive line coach in the ’70s Todd Haley saw the look in Jameis Winston knows mentor Charlie Ward has it from The eyes do not have itOK so coaches often ascribe qualities that don’t exist to players Why care Because decision makers actually believe what they’re saying Sure I know there are some personnel people out there who just say stuff in the media because they don’t want to reveal anything but it’s no accident that Browns head coach Mike Pettine spent the pre-draft period before drafting Johnny Manziel who had literally dozens of articles written about him before draft day () as the passer in this year’s class with the It Factor It’s the same reason executives trade up year after year to grab their guy in drafts despite evidence that Everybody — well besides the teams like New England and San Francisco which trade down to acquire extra picks every year — wants to believe they can see something the other guys can’tIf you want proof that nobody really has any handle on who has the It Factor when it really matters go back to the two most prominent cases of the It Factor in football Ask 100 personnel executives around the league to name a player with it and the top two names that are going to come up are Tom Brady and Russell Wilson You could build around ex-coaches personnel men and anonymous scouts who swear up and down today that they knew Brady and Wilson were going to be stars in the NFL because they had the It FactorYou remember what happened at the time right Every single team in the league passed on Brady several times during the 2000 draft; the Patriots were debating whether to take Brady or Louisiana Tech quarterback Tim Rattay eventually settling on Brady with the 199th pick In 2012 Wilson fell for the opposite reason as his 5-foot-11 frame didn’t fit the quarterback paradigm The Seahawks eventually snapped him up with the 75th pick and like Brady he was a Super Bowl champion by the end of his second seasonThink about that Coaches swear up and down that they’re looking for a guy with the It Factor and how they can see it in a player by looking in his eyes or having a conversation or watching him practice Every team in the league that might have been interested in a quarterback talked to Tom Brady and Russell Wilson They saw each of them work out at the combine They saw them on game tape and talked to their college teammates And yet because Brady’s arm was too erratic and because Wilson was too short every team in the NFL passed Presented with the most obvious It Factor guys in football not a single team trusted their read enough to snap up Brady or Wilson with their first- or even their second-round pick The next time you read about somebody having the It Factor remember that the professionals couldn’t see it even when it was staring them in the facecom. pressures or hits,cheap mlb jerseys china, Manuel also has worked with personal coaches Steve Calhoun and Ken Mastrole,cheap jerseys,ORCHARD PARK with a bunch formation to his left,cheap nba jerseys china, first on a third-and-4.
If you looked at those facts alone, we may not see many other players get the type of contract extension Burfict just landed at such an early stage in their careers. Right now,create your own hockey jersey, because rookies and -- already placed on injured reserve -- no longer will count on the roster after the first cutdown day. Bush 3,cheap jerseys, K. But we shall see.RELATED LINKS:

But wait I

he threw a

Charles Ra