#889 von Gregorykr
Do 23. Okt 2014, 23:04
,If you are worried about the petroleum used to make the plastic in the hangers, consider this: One dryer load can use about 2 kWh of electricity. If that electricity is produced by a power plant burning oil, it requires about a pound of oil. But since that's extra work each time, better options are to add a hook to to the hanger or use a commercial product called the Tibbe line.,
,For the next twenty minutes, the three of us boarded and re boarded the dismal merry go round, ensuring that our ride tickets weren't going to waste. I stared at the merry go round's chevroned metal floor and radiated shame, mentally vomiting back the treat they'd tried to give me. My mother, ever the dutiful traveler, took pictures of my father and me on our uncomfortably small horses, but beneath her forcible cheer she was angry at me, because she knew she was the one I was getting even with, because of our fight about clothes.,

I used the same gift bag idea for outgrown clothes but now have graduated to a zipper bag. One for outgoing clothes and one for stuff that doesn fit yet. I only got hand me downs from one cousin but there were heaps. If you're all about a palatial Park Avenue room with opulent twists, you probably fancy yourself something like The Donald. If your pad is filled with slick, modern pieces that look like they've stepped out of the pages of Architectural Digest, you're likely also wearing Calvin Klein underwear. And scalloped chair backs in a pretty robin's egg blue? Hello, Martha..,

Hepburn reached such a wide audience in her seven decades on the screen, notes Dunbar, that the auction could bring in far more than its $1 million estimate. Dunbar says that 80% of the calls she's received have been from women, who admired Hepburn for her independence, intelligence, and spirit. Indeed, Hepburn was never typecast as a brainless bimbo.,